The Official Blog of Iain Rob Wright: The X Factor

Thursday 2 June 2011

The X Factor

So I went to see the X Factor audtionees yesterday in Birmingham.  I was dragged along by my girlfriend and had to queue for 3 hours.  Was it worth it?  Well...Yes!

I'm not usually interested in the yearly talent contest that seems to have less relevance every year, but I have to say that I was surprised by just how good some of the auditonees were.  One particular 'Bingo Hall Singer' actually gave me goosebumps!  I'd say that yesterday there was every chance I witnessed the birth of this year's winner...but who knows?  All I can say was that The X factor may just be worth watching again this year.

If only to see the new judges,  Kelly Rowland, Gary from Take That, Tulisa from N'Dubz, and Louie - Potato! - Walsh were on good form and had the crowd constantly in hysterics, especially Gary Barlow, who's dry and sardonic remarks would seem more suited to a comedian than a host.

But what you really want to know:  is which Judge was the meanest.  Well, surprisingly, I would have to say hands down that it was Gary Barlow.  He pulled no punches and I think there may be at least two suicides this week from the naive dreams that he happily shattered.  Still it was great entertainment.

No comments :