The Official Blog of Iain Rob Wright: ASBO

Tuesday 1 November 2011

ASBO

Just under 30,000 words in on ASBO now.  Aiming for around 70,000 in total and hope to get that done by the end of this month (November).  It is looking good, but has been a challenge so far.  I plotted the novel briefly before starting, but somehow the story has changed direction many times and is now a great deal different to what I originally envisaged.  The same thing happend with The Final Winter, which turned out pretty good in the end, so hopefully ASBO will be the same.

For anyone wanting to know the plot.  It features a middle-aged man that is forced to protect his family when he draws the attentions of the local gang of youths.  Over the period of a week, the gang conducts a viscious hate-campaign against him that has deadly consequences...  I will be looking for proof readers soon, so please contact me if you would be interested (you'll get an acknowledgment for it).

I have several ideas for my next novel and am yet to decide which idea I will go for.  While it is not certain yet, I think it may be a zombie novel - but trust me when I say that it will be something that nobody has every seen before.  All I will say is, think Groundhog Day crossed with Dawn of the Dead.  Confused?  Thought you might be.

The other idea that might be the one I go with can be summed up pretty easy.  Think about the movie SAW crossed with the reality show, Big Brother.  What do you think?  Which would you like me to write next?

No comments :