The Official Blog of Iain Rob Wright: A Quick Word with Pat Douglas...

Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Quick Word with Pat Douglas...


With us today is Patrick Douglas, acclaimed author and the man beyond the brilliant website: indie-inside.com.  Below is just a quick check in with the man about what he is currently up to.  Thanks for reading, folks.

----------

PATRICK DOUGLAS -- Right now, my new novella, THE DARK MAN, just came out! But before we get into that, I want to thank Iain Rob Wright for being so awesome as to let me commandeer his blog for a day. Thanks dude, you are freaking awesome.

In case you haven’t actually heard of the book, the following is the books short synopsis:

The human mind holds within its infinite reaches many of the greatest mysteries in the universe. Some are vast and wondrous, while others are chilling and nightmarish. Some mysteries are better left hidden in the dark corners of our minds, never breaking free of our subconscious.

Six high school students set out to explore these depths by sharing a mind altering substance on a night meant to be filled with both wild hallucinations and crazy antics. But the fun and games come to a shuddering halt when a strange man appears. This isn’t just any stranger. He is the Dark Man. Haunter of dreams and purveyor of nightmares. Dressed in a black suit and top hat, his pale skin and twisted grin promise a very deranged night of entertainment.

LINK:

I originally came up with the Dark Man when I was a stupid little teenager. Bet you couldn’t ever guys how. Either way, I know of a lot of people who have actually come into contact with this person while on such substances. Needless to say it had to be written about. The fact that more than a handful of people have seen the Dark Man in real life is creepy enough for me. Whether or not the content of the Dark Man stands true in this book is another thing entirely. So, to answer that age old question: what inspired the book; well there it is. I’ve been there and done that and don’t recommend ever going back.

If splatterpunk, grindhouse action is what you crave in a good horror read, then I would definitely recommend picking this one up. It’s a fast paced death to the finish. And with that, I think that covers it for me.

Thanks again to Iain for letting me hop in and say hello.

-pat

No comments :