The Official Blog of Iain Rob Wright: Merry Christmas everybody...

Friday 23 December 2011

Merry Christmas everybody...

2011 is now drawing to its endless conclusion and today I have been thinking back over the last twelve months.  This year, I quit my nine to five job, redid my home, bred my cocker spaniel to the tune of 8 little pups, and of course I got published.  Negatively, money was tight throughout a large portion of the year and I learned that my dream-job of being a writer is alot harder than it appears.  Overall, however, I would have to put 2011 as one of my best years ever and one that has filled my life with a boundles energy and hope for the future.  I have many people to thank for having such a good 2011 and it is my intention to do so here.  If I leave anyone out, please do not take offence - my mind is full of monsters and zombie; it often forgets the trivial things that constitute real life.

Firstly, I would like to thank the fellow writers that welcomed me into their world with open arms.  If it were not for the friendliness and charm that these people showed me then I may have run away from this profession screaming.  A massive thank you for the kindness of Jeff Carlson, William Meikle, Eric S Brown, Dave Jeffrey, James Newman, Craig Saunders, Ryan C Thomas, David T wilibanks, Wayne Simmons,  and several others whose names escape me right now.  I would also thank those who have just merely shown me friendship in a professional capacity; namely, Donna Galanti, Sherri Gambino, Jan Christofferson, Jim McLeod, Emma Audsley, Chris Ridge, Matt Nord, and again others that I forget at this minute (with apologies).

Secondly, a big thumbs up to all the people that have worked so hard to assist my carreer in the last few months: mainly Grand Mal Press for believing in my work (Ryan C Thomas in particular - one of the nicest people I know), Stephen Bryant for illustrating a cover for Animal Kingdom that was beyond my wildest expectations, Becky Kyle for helping me edit, and of course anyone who has given me a professional or personal review (these really are extremely valued by me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart).  I guess I should also thank the commerical giant, Amazon.  Profit may be their main concern, but they have helped a great deal of authors make a living that would perhaps not have been possible before - so thanks for that Amazon!

Finally, and perhaps most of all, I would like to thank anyone that has purchased a copy of my books - whether or not they enjoyed them or not.  When someone takes the time to read my work then they make me a writer in the tuest sense of the word, and I thank them for that.  Most notably would be the extremely gracious Laurie Steward, Nicola Rees, Vix Kirkpatrick, Frank Hulse, Rachel Harrison, and Melanie Hill.

Of course, most of all, 2011 has been a great year because of the people around me too.  I would be a broken shell of a human being if it were not for the love and support of my partner, Sally.  Without her discipline and belief in me I would fail at every hurdle.  I am also blessed with proud parents and tolerable in-laws, which is more than most people can expect.

I am looking forward to 2012 with great excitement.  I plan of releasing 3 novels and a handful of short stories - the plot lines have already taken root inside my mind.  I cannot wait to share them with you.  I sincerely hope that the friends I have made over this last year will be right there with me and that their lives are as fuitful and full of happiness as mine.  Merry Christmas everyone, and, if you don't celebrate Christmas, then I hope you have a great 2012.  I'm gonna dissapear now (until about the 3rd of Jan), so I hope to see you all in the new year.

Best Wishes,

Iain Rob Wright

No comments :