The Official Blog of Iain Rob Wright: A conversation with author, Chris Ridge

Friday 7 October 2011

A conversation with author, Chris Ridge



I made a new friend this week, emerging novelist and short story writer, Christopher Ridge.  I hope you can all check out his work sometime soon, but for now he’s here to answer a few questions.

Hey Chris, could you tell us what work you currently have available?
Right now I have a short story titled CHOMPERS.  It’s a humorous tale about false teeth on a murderous rampage. I also have a two story collection called PSYCHOS. These are a couple stories I put together that some seemed to like.  Both titles received good reviews on a site I belong to called WRITING.COM.

For someone unfamiliar with your work, how would you describe your writing?
Good ole fashioned horror.  Humorous and sometimes with a dark sense of humour.  Often ironic endings or a twist of some sort.

What writers have had the most influence on your own writing?
Stephen king, Richard Matheson, Richard Layman, Jeff Strand

What do you have in the pipeline at the moment?
Right now I’m working on a novella called the Diner which will be finished by the end of the month. I’m not sure if I’m going to stick with the title or not just yet. It’s about a motivation speaker and his wife that stop at a secluded diner that is haunted.

What was the last thing you read?
Actually just finished reading COWBOYS AND ALIENS… MILE 81….MAD SKILLS by Peter Greatshell.

Anything else you’d like to tell us about?
When people ask me to describe my writing it’s kind of tough. It’s tough because I write whatever I’m compelled to write. I really don’t know what I’m going to write until I sit down and start doing it.  If I think too much it disrupts the entire process for me and I usually end up shutting down the project and outlining just doesn’t work for me. My writing is spontaneous and from the seat of my pants as the saying goes. I just like the thrill of the ride. I think that if I don’t know what’s going to happen the readers won’t either.

Check out Chris' website at http://thehauntedhouse.webs.com/

No comments :